Dennis & I have created this blog to share with our family and friends as we begin our journey to Russia where we hope to add to our wonderful family.







Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nicholas & the Twins

Sometimes things happen that make you really wonder……

I mentioned early on about Nicholas & the twins and wanted to share what happened. When we started talking about a 2nd adoption we had asked Nicholas if he would like to have a brother or a sister……he of course responded eagerly “Yes”. So we started down the road of another adoption in January 2010 & during that time we would mention things to Nick about when he had a brother or sister and things like that….when we hit 2011 Dennis & I felt maybe another adoption might not happen since it seemed to be taking so so long. We decided to not refer to anything about the adoption to Nicholas since it might be unfair & confusing to him seeing that nothing serious was happening in all this time. Over the course of 2011 on random occasions Nicholas himself would bring it up and say things like when I have my brother & sister I’m going to do this or let’s save that for my brother & sister and I would always correct him and say it’s a brother or a sister not brother & sister…..Dennis & I thought it was odd and funny but again we were being very cautious about any talk of adoption. One day while I was doing a switch with Nicholas’ sneakers –I was explaining to Nicholas that he had a new pair as his feet had grown & his old pair would now be his play sneakers. He then asked what would happen to his old play sneakers & I responded I’d have to get rid of the old pair because they are now too small for him and without missing a beat Nicholas said we should save them for my brother & sister…….again I reminded him that it is his brother or sister not both…………………………………when we then received our referral for the twins , a boy & a girl……………………what??

Dennis & I often wonder about how, how did our little man know before we even knew about his brother & sister………when I think back on this it always makes my heart smile knowing that the plan was always in place for us to have our twins even if we didn't know it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across your blog - hope you don't mind if I follow along. Sorry to hear your trip one was a bit rough, but the kids look just adorable :). Fingers crossed that you have a quick court date.

    We adopted our Natalia from Moscow region in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful news! Congratulations! Isn't it funny how the signs are there all along... Can't wait to follow along - thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well... is the paperwork done for your next trip yet?
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I definitely have some catching up to do. Congratulations! Can you send me your email address to jenny and john at bellsouth dot net so that I can send you an invitation to our blog (not that I've posted recently -- I've been a HUGE slacker). Can't wait to read more about your journey! We're still excitedly waiting for our referral from Russia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My name is Quynh, and we started the process with Children at Heart for Kazakhstan back in 2010. What a wonderful agency :) Due to no movement in the country, we decided to move forward with Russia. We, too, met our referral in late December.... a week before you. I would love to email with you. Can you please email me at: ThuyQuynh.NguyenDDS@gmail.com?

    ReplyDelete