Dennis & I have created this blog to share with our family and friends as we begin our journey to Russia where we hope to add to our wonderful family.







Sunday, May 27, 2012

So while we have been waiting


I had decided back in November that I would not rush to complete the twins’ room - I'd take my time so that it would help pass the time until they came home.......that theory worked until about mid March when we pretty much completed everything that we needed to do to accommodate our growing family.

Since our third bedroom upstairs was our office we moved our office downstairs but our third bedroom is the smallest bedroom. I want to keep Angelina and Anthony together - not separate them in different bedrooms when they first came home - Nicholas room was set up from the beginning to accommodate a brother if we were to have a boy (or for sleepovers) if we had a girl. Since my plan is to not separate them yet we needed to work with a very small bedroom to keep them together.......the bedroom is so small I couldn't fit two twin beds in the room and didn't want to over power the room with bunk beds like Nicholas' because it is so small & this room will end up being Angelina's room and I picture a totally girly room (not sure what that will entail exactly) but in the meantime we needed to do toddler beds.......of course since they are boy and girl I decided to keep it multi gender (is that such a thing??) as opposed to gender generic.

Anyway it is hard to see from the photos but Anthony's bed is navy blue - his bed linens are all light blue - again I'm glad I didn't decide to actually make the beds up as it would have been a long time before they end up actually sleeping in their beds - anyway Angelina's bed is pink along with pink linens. Since the room is so small we needed to go with a light color so since green - light green has always been my very favorite color we went with very light soft green paint and the carpet is beige with very gentle specks of colors. I also didn't want to overwhelm, or over stimulate the kids with an over the top theme so went with a small cuddly type stuffed animal decor -bears, rabbits, etc. I again went reserved just to keep it light and airy not too much too soon. We also plan to put up some white wall shelves over the tall dresser and some shelves either over each of their beds or on each side of their beds......I guess we should getting working on that soon in hopes that they are coming home before long.


This is Nick's room - which will end up being both Nick's & Anthonys bedroom - Nick's animals will need to find a new place to hang!!




The small animals on each bed were added by Nicholas as he wanted to help decorate his brother & sisters bedroom....he is an amazing little boy!!




Small closet but it will work short term

Also since we now have the room downstairs we decided to add a playroom to the mix and this is where we started


During this time I have also started picking up clothes every now and again for the littles....but it has been a challenge since I'm not 100% sure on sizes - I am pretty much am starting with 3T but on some things I'm moving to 4T's only because it is so hard to guage from pictures?!

Now this makes me happy focusing on when they come home!


DND




2 comments:

  1. So happy to see an update today! Just not the one I was hoping for. Love the rooms! I am still praying you hear something very soon. All of our love... Tamra and Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were wondering about sizes. My daughter is 2.5 years as well. She weighs 25 lbs and is 34.5 inches tall. She is wearing size 2T shirts and 24 months in pants unless they have the adjustable waist then she can do a 2T in pants but a little long still. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete