Dennis & I have created this blog to share with our family and friends as we begin our journey to Russia where we hope to add to our wonderful family.







Thursday, September 6, 2012

3rd Trip PROBLEM

Dennis is doing very well while in Russia with visiting the kids and having fun with them....he did send me 2 videos - not sure I can figure out how to attach them but will give it a try.

Now onto the problem - while attempting to process the paperwork for passports for the twins it was discovered that Dennis' Visa was not done correctly.  We found out later that the travel agency decided that just listing Moscow would be sufficient - guess what it is not - in theory Dennis is now in Tambov illegally.  Immigration is not happy - the hotel got called as well and they will most likely be fined for allowing him to register at the hotel with an incorrect Visa. 

Our concern was bigger - they did not let him apply for passports for the kids with this error. The long short story of it is that if they couldn't straighten this out he would have needed to get a new Visa - that would take well over a week - I was so so upset however the next day after going back to the police department and getting some type of letter the passport office accepted the applications and they will be processed.  We also found out that penalties will be given to not only the hotel but to us......GREAT  although our agency is stating that the fines should be paid by the travel agent since we completed the Visa forms correctly.................

WHEW I was super stressed..........Dennis was cool and reassuring & hopeful it would all work out.....................in the meantime he is not allowed to leave the hotel since technically he is not in Tambov legally.  So he must stay in the hotel (they did say he could walk outside for short periods) but this also means he cannot visit with the children.  Seems Immigration is coming to ask why his Visa is not done correctly and he must be at the hotel .   As far as the Visa goes - since it is all in Russian how the hell would we know it is not correct??? When Immigration comes he will need to call the translator who actually understands English to assist with this interview.  Hopefully this all goes as expected and my husband will not be thrown in jail - I joke but hey you just never know!

DND

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You've had one heck of a journey! I'm glad that the kids (and Dennis, of course) will be home soon and this will all be behind you. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Jenny, by the way (in St. Petersburg now).

      Delete
  2. OMG! I would have been a mess! I also would have chewn out the travel agency. I did my visa myself because I just didn't trust anyone to do it. They should be the ones to pay the fine. UGH. What a mess. Glad your hubby is cool and calm. I will keep him and the kiddos in prayer that they will be home QUICK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for all the added stress. It's amazing how hard they make adoptions for us adoptive parents. Wishing Dennis the best of luck and can't wait for your final post that says all three are home safe and sound!
    Toni from California mom to Cole from Kaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Visa's were messed up as well on the final trip. I'm not sure I would use that same guy again. I should have told you about that. Kicking myself.. sorry.

    ReplyDelete