Dennis & I have created this blog to share with our family and friends as we begin our journey to Russia where we hope to add to our wonderful family.







Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MOSCOW

Dennis, Angelina, & Anthony arrived in Moscow on Tuesday morning!!!

Dennis said Angelina fell asleep pretty quickly and that Anthony told Irina (the Russian nanny along for the trip) that he didn't want to go to sleep!!  He was very excited as it was his first train  ride..........WOW we are so thrilled.  Yesterday I was so concerned on how they were doing on this long leg of the journey and couldn't wait to hear from Dennis on how the trip went..................I had an email when I woke up that they arrived and another saying they had to wait in a hotel lobby because they could not check in to the apartment until noon time......................on a side note I cannot begin to tell you how much our Agency has given us so much misinformation that it is past annoying.  I will get back to that another time.

In the meantime I spoke with Dennis briefly as they just got into the apartment when I called - he said the 5 hours waiting in the lobby of another hotel until 12:00 was pretty rough & after a few hours the kids were getting antsy and that they needed to regroup.  So the great news is they arrived, kids did great on the train (THANK GOD)!!! The medicals were done already - more about that later................... Dennis was heading to the market to get food and such and I will speak with him later on this morning again to get filled in on things.

Dennis said they gave cakes to the Doctor and the Director and had sweet treats and such for the kids group.  He did say that the caregivers joked how they will miss Angelina as she is a sweety but Anthony not so much (jokingly I do hope) &  that Anthony is a tough little boy - Wow this so shocked Dennis & I  because if anything our preception was that Angelina was the tough cookie and Anthony is the sweetie................well we can only hope that since it seems that Angelina is going to be a daddys girl in everyway that Anthony is going to be Mommas little man and is just waiting to for his Momma to bring out his sweetness!!!  I think between my two little men - Anthony & Nicholas Momma is going to have her hands very full!!

Dennis did tell me that he did receive the babies Christening outfits from the orphanage....this absolutly brought tears to my eyes................I am so touched that we have such a special keepsake for them & this makes my heart happy. 

Here is another adorable picture of the kids

That's all for now.

DND

2 comments:

  1. Congrats that they have made it this far! Wishing Dennis and the twins a speedy flight home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates: - keep them coming...
    okay.. just a few days left! Hang in there everyone! We got Olesya's christening gown as well. It is in the safety deposit box along with everything else that is important about the adoption.
    GOD SPEED to Dennis, Angelina and Anthony!

    ReplyDelete