Dennis & I have created this blog to share with our family and friends as we begin our journey to Russia where we hope to add to our wonderful family.







Friday, September 14, 2012

HOMEWARD BOUND!!!!!

Today is the day - YEAH!!!!


Dennis, Angelina & Anthony are finally, finally coming home!!!!!

Dennis just called from the airport and wow the kids were jabber jaws in the background.........he said they were in awe of the airplanes and were just so excited to be seeing everything going on at the airport.

Dennis said Anthony did cry and cry when they dropped the caregiver off at the train station so much so that he cried himself to sleep in the car ride to the airport...............Angelina followed suit and fell asleep as well for the car ride & I'm sure it has to do with the motion of the car moving.

Dennis has checked in and they are just looking out the window watching the planes and jabbering away - wish I understood what they were saying but I'm just glad they are happy and excited and not sad or crying.

I am off today and will finish up lots of the last minute things that I need to tend to - food shopping, cleaning, all the last minute details before they arrive home.

My plan is to pick Nicholas up from school and head to the airport.............I'm sure we will be waiting awhile for them to finally come out of the arrival terminal and know Nicholas is super excited.............Nicholas is such amazing little boy.......  I was talking with him last night saying you know it might be hard for a few days until everyone settles in, things like that and that  we need his patience and understanding and such and he said "are my brother and sister going to get all of the attention when they come home?"  Now we have never spoken to Nick about such things and always say we will need his help since he is the big brother................he amazed me with this question/comment and I told him no but it will be tough sometimes and we then agreed & made a pinkie swear that if at anytime he needs us to stop and give him some special attention he just needs to let us know and we will make special time for him.  He was fine with this idea and shortly thereafter while brushing his teeth for bedtime he advised that he needed some attention...........just testing the waters I guess to see if I'd listen!!

Here are some photos of the kids last day in Moscow




So they are almost home & what a long, long journey this has been.

Fingers crossed and many prayers that Dennis & the kids will have a smooth, smooth flight!!

DND





4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS SO HAPPY TO READ THIS POST!!! KEEP US UPDATED I GET EXCITED FOR YOU EVERYTIME I SEE A NEW POST.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU - CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY! CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHEN THEY HAVE ARRIVED SAFE AND SOUND! LOTS OF LUCK ON THE FLIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! I've enjoyed following your journey. I can't believe your husband did this trip by himself to bring home two little ones. He is brave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. waiting for an update.... call me soon! so excited to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete